Why Build PortalX?
The first bridge implemented for PulseChain is the PulseRamp bridge between Ethereum. POWERCITY has partnered with Multichain to provide additional routing options for PulseChain. Multichain will implement a bridge to PulseChain, connecting with their existing network of blockchains.
This integration with Multichain enables PortalX to identify cost-effective routes for end users, offering even more options to transfer value seamlessly while avoiding the higher gas fees on Ethereum if they choose to do so. The onboarding process for users looking to enter PulseChain involves multiple phases.
PortalX streamlines the token swapping process across various blockchain networks. By leveraging the Rubic Cross-Chain Aggregator SDK, it connects many bridges and decentralized exchanges. PortalX automatically determines the best route to take across these aggregated services when swapping tokens. This intricate routing system is encapsulated within a simple user interface, eliminating the need to use multiple services with differing interfaces and complicated bridging and swapping processes. With PortalX, you can easily swap tokens across blockchains and decentralized exchanges in one transaction.
For example, suppose a user is holding $BNB on BNB Chain and wishes to bridge to PulseChain to acquire $PLSX. Without PortalX, they would have to…
- 1.The user must bridge their $BNB to Ethereum, wrapping their $BNB ($WBNB).
- 2.The user must identify a token to swap out of $WBNB that is supported by PulseRamp. For this example we will use Dai stablecoin.
- 3.Next, the user must swap out of $WBNB and into Dai stablecoin on an Ethereum DEX (i.e UniSwap)
- 4.Dai stablecoin would then be bridged through PulseRamp into PulseChain, resulting in wrapped DAI - $WDAI
- 5.Swap $WDAI stablecoin in PulseX for $PLSX tokens.
PortalX allows for these varying routes to be facilitated in one transaction. PortalX will aggregate the cheapest routes possible for end users to assure users retain the most value.
- 1.Select the starting blockchain of BNB Chain and their starting token of $BNB
- 2.Select the target blockchain of PulseChain and the target token of $PLSX
- 3.PortalX will present multiple routes to choose from, defaulting to the most cost-effective route available.
- 4.Execute the swap in a single transaction and sigh with relief that you didn’t have to do all that work manually!